ARCUS NEWS is a company that aims to put its members first when it comes to making important decisions. News and conversations are being exchanged every day on ARCUS NEWS. To ensure these communications help our members be more productive and successful, ARCUS NEWS has put in place this Professional Community Policies outlining the activities that are acceptable on our Services, and what is inappropriate and may be stopped by ARCUS NEWS.
1. BE REAL. Unlike some other online services, our members need to be real businesses or people, who provide their real names and accurate information about themselves and their businesses. It is not acceptable to provide misleading information about yourself or your company on our Services.
- Impersonation. You should not impersonate others on the Services or mislead, confuse, or deceive others. Pretending to be someone else or to be representing a business in a way that is not truthful is not allowed. You are not allowed to use someone else's name, image, or other personal information to deceive others into thinking you are someone other than yourself or your business or associated with a business or organisation when you are not. You may not use or attempt to use another ARCUS NEWS account or create a member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person) or your business (a real Business). The fact that in the rare cases ARCUS NEWS may allow clearly fictional profiles (e.g. for marketing activities) with express prior permission, does not waive our right to prohibit the operation of your false personal or business profile or association with a business or organisation.
- Misrepresentation. You may not misrepresent your identity or information or mislead, confuse, or deceive others. Do not provide inaccurate information. When choosing a business profile picture, you may not use an image that is not authorised by your business. Also, you may not manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or post transmitted through the Services.
2. BE PROFESSIONAL. We acknowledge the value of discussions around professional activities and ask our members to behave professionally by not being dishonest or inappropriate. When creating content on ARCUS NEWS, we ask that you follow our publishing platform guidelines, indicate during the use of our service and keep your content professional, relevant and on-topic. Do not share false information or use the Services to shock or intimidate others.
- Honesty and Authenticity. Be honest, forthright, and respectful. Do not share news, comments, opinions, or other content in a manner that is intended to be misleading or inaccurate or to conceal a conflict of interest or unlawful motive. You may not use the Services to share false content or information, including news stories, that presents untrue or unverified facts or events as though they are true or likely true. When you share content or endorse someone or something in exchange for personal benefit you must include a clear and conspicuous notice of the personal benefit you receive.
- Relevance. Your messages, posts, comments, and other content must be on-topic and relevant. Our Services provide a professional community to share professional content and information. Do not post or otherwise provide content that is irrelevant or inappropriate.
- Adult Content. It is not acceptable to post content containing nudity, sexually explicit material, or pornography. Some adult content may be allowed in an educational, medical, scientific, or professional artistic context so long as it is not gratuitously graphic. The Services are never to be used for sexual exploitation of minors or otherwise. You also may not post content that threatens sexual violence or sexual assault. You may not use the Services to engage in or promote escort services, prostitution, human trafficking or other prohibited activities.
- Politics and Religion. Our Services are created for businesses, professionals and academics who will operate exclusively under the prerequisite of business engagements. While we allow our Services to be used from political or religious representatives and organisations, this must happen strictly and unquestionably under the auspices of business matters. The use of our Services for the promotion of political or religious matters is prohibited.
3. BE NICE. We strive to maintain a safe and friendly community for our members. The Services should not be used to harm others or their career or business prospects or to publish personal grievances and disputes. It is not allowed to use the Services to harass, abuse, or send other unwelcome communications to people (e.g., romantic advances, sexually explicit content, junk mail, spam, chain letters, phishing schemes). We do not allow hate speech acts like attacking people because of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, political or religious affiliations, medical or physical condition or otherwise. Also, hate groups, terrorists, and those who engage in violent crimes are not welcome and not permitted on the Services.
- Bullying and Harassment. Bullying or harassment that targets individuals or groups to degrade or shame them is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, abusive or humiliating language, sexual advances and innuendo, revealing others' personal or sensitive information or posting content about them without consent, or inciting or engaging others to do any of the same.
- Hate, Violence, and Terrorism. We do not allow organisations or groups that engage in or promote violence or property damage, organised criminal activity, prejudice, or hate. Also, you may not use our Services to express support for such groups or to post content or otherwise use the Services to incite violence or hatred against particular individuals or groups.
- Harmful Content and Shocking Material. You may not post violent or graphic content or otherwise use the Services with the intent to shock or humiliate others. We do not allow activities that promote, organise, depict or facilitate criminal activity. We also do not allow content depicting or promoting instructional weapon making, drug abuse, and threats of theft. Content or activities that promote or encourage suicide or any type of self-injury, including self-mutilation and eating disorders, is also not allowed.
- Spam. Untargeted, irrelevant, unwanted, unsolicited, unauthorised, inappropriately commercial or promotional, or gratuitously repetitive messages and other similar content are considered spam and are not allowed on the Services. Please make the effort to create original, professional, relevant, and interesting content in order to gain popularity, instead of trying ways to artificially increase the number of views, re-shares or comments.
4. RESPECT OTHERS' RIGHTS AND FOLLOW THE LAW. Before sharing or using someone else's copyrighted works, trademarks, private information, or trade secrets, please make sure you have the legal right to do so. The Services should not be used for illegal activities, promoting illegal products or to violate the rights of others. Do not use the Services to commit fraud or to try to trick others. Also, do not use the Services to intentionally distribute viruses, worms or other software that can destroy or interrupt others' data or computer devices.
- Privacy and Publicity. You must respect others' privacy on the Services. You may not solicit email addresses or other personal information from ARCUS NEWS members you do not know without authorisation; use, disclose or distribute any data obtained in violation of any of our policies or agreements; disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as personal or confidential information of others, including your employer); or post or distribute content depicting children without the necessary consent from such child's legal guardian or parent. Do not use others' names, likenesses or photos to suggest an endorsement of a product, service or investment without their prior consent.
- Compliance with Law. Your use of the Services must comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements. You may not use the Services to create or operate a pyramid scheme, engage in fraud, or to sell or promote illegal products or services.
- Copyright and Trademark. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and do not allow copyright infringement. You may not violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license. In ARCUS NEWS article (post) licenses permissions are indicated in every published post.
5. RESPECT ARCUS NEWS' RIGHTS. Do not violate the rights of ARCUS NEWS. You can find more information about what this means in our User Agreement. It is also not allowed to suggest that you are affiliated with or endorsed by ARCUS NEWS when you are not. Do not violate our intellectual property rights, scrape the Services, or interfere with or disrupt the Services.
- Unauthorised Access and Use. You may access the Services solely in the manner that we expressly authorise, for the tasks that the Services are intended for. You may not access the Services except through the interfaces intentionally provided by ARCUS NEWS.
- Interference with the Service. You may not interfere with the functionality of, or our rights in, the Services. You may not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Services.
- Respect Our Rules. You must follow the spirit and letter of our rules, agreements, and policies. You may not violate any additional terms concerning the specific Services that are provided when you sign up for or start using such Services.
If you need to discuss matters about our Professional Community Policies, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a creative & beautiful day,
The ARCUS NEWS TEAM
Latest update: 31 May 2022